purpose


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I have been considering of late what I want from or for this blog. I have been doing it for a couple of years now and realize that whatever my original intention I have stopped carrying about blogging a while ago. So do I continue with it in a new direction or do I shelve the TWH project and move on to something different.

I remember starting the blog. I had some friends who blogged, a majority of them for a creative outlet to their one-of humor. Others used it to work on and out their beliefs and others I am not even know certain why they were doing it, perhaps to try their hand at writing.

For me it was mostly the humor aspect. I thought I could offer something funny and in my own voice, unadulterated by the self imposed and situational guidelines that life tends to offer. Yet, with everything I wrote I would find myself worrying about what people might think. I have never really written a complete humor blog with disregard for its reception.

Over time I began to turn the whole thing into a tidbit blog consisting of things that struck me on a given day or ideas that turned my fancy, never giving purpose or a goal to the whole masquerade. I would take small political jabs, safe for me and relatively ambiguous and then some generic completely dissonant chatter. None of which was in the very least satisfying creatively.

It all comes back to what I wanted from the blog. A small part of me thought it might be a venue to write and express myself all while using the whole thing like a homework assignment for me, bettering my writing and working on my own style and voice. To that end I think the blog has been a great success.

I enjoy writing and not just the meaningless banter of a blog but stories. I really like to tell a story and weave the plot and characters. I have done a few short sorties into the world of storytelling on my blog and a many more than that off of the blog-o-sphere.

It turns out I want to be a storyteller, a novelist. That is the goal that if I had come to years ago it would be hard to fathom what exactly this life would look like. But Ted Was Here might be a great deal different, if in fact it would be at all.

The name was something weird that came from my head. I thought it would be funny to have a name like what one might find in the stall of a road side gas station’s bathroom. I have come to believe it isn’t a title but a hope. That people will know that I was here. That my life might have some purpose or story that in and of itself was worth remembering; that I might have a legacy.

It is with that in mind that I am going to attempt a switch in direction and purpose for my blog. I am going to work on my stories, a few of the short ones at first, and have them posted up here. I am also going to be trying to get them published in Literary Journals. I have decided to make the fledgling attempts to move myself into the world of the author. The posts will be less frequent but I hope longer and of more enjoyable substance.

As always thanks for reading, thanks for allowing me to work on myself and in the end find what it was that I was looking for.

Me.


2 Responses to “purpose”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Just a suggestion, but don't only post finished stories; post any type of creative writing, whether just a short, short story or a couple paragraphs.

    Like this, if I may: http://www.qwertyuppy.com/category/stories/

  2. Blogger Ted 

    I remember the Lothar stuff. like it. Made me smile.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Friendlies

RecommendTED

Looky Here

Previous posts

Archives

Business



Web Site Counter
Online Degree Clicky Web Analytics