I was busy!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Here is the very first of what I believe will be a long history of creative cop-outs.

My friends asked me to write a poem for them for thier wedding.

Here it is.

How then love?

How then shall I know of love?
How shall I who in selfishness bore forth sinister ambitions
Now place your lowest desire before my greatest need?
How shall I who am mortal take part in this action
Of such eternal breadth?
So distant this should find itself from me
But now my nature it has become.
That in my heart this purpose find.
That I would give my dreams for thine.

How then Shall I learn of love?
For how should the foreign become familiar?
It is only when He that is love taught me so of it
That I was able to partake of this true act.
Yet still further I learn from this love.
For in it my love’s flaws revealed
And thru such I learn to love more purely.
An eternity long for love is true.
This the oath I give to you.

How then shall I think of love?
Should I ponder it in song and rhyme?
Or rather find devotions beckon intertwined amidst
The haunting call that drives me forth.
For my deepest yearn since err I recall
Was for thee to have, to hold, to love.
But now these things in toe I find.
That love is not a hearts weak gasp,
But something that in honor lasts.

How then shall I speak of love?
What trite pleasantry a just portrayal provides?
Now not with speech but with these two beings
An apt vision we embrace what hearts fain to grasp.
That one man wholly gives himself to one woman,
And so a woman wholly given to one man.
And under God no longer separate become.
Not with words but rather with life.
Now one husband, now one wife.


0 Responses to “I was busy!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Friendlies

RecommendTED

Looky Here

Previous posts

Archives

Business



Web Site Counter
Online Degree Clicky Web Analytics