The New Rubber Stamp


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Firstly, I am proud to be an American today. Not because my candidate won but rather because of the strides that we have made as a culture over the past century and even over the past few decades in the way of race equality. Where as I don’t think that is a reason to elect a person as President, and it is not my intention to say that is the only reason he was elected but at the least a part of it, it is a mental obstacle that we have struggled to surmount.

I don’t understand racism. We are physically all the same outside of a small shade of the covering our bodies are adorned with. And if I am to be quite far some perceived shortcomings have been perpetrated by the egregious actions of white Americans. You would not have a Harvard graduated African-American who was a well renown lawyer run for office because they were not afforded those opportunities in the past.

For that monumental step in the betterment of humanity I am proud. I completely disagree with much of Obama’s voting record and find some of it morally deplorable but I am proud that he was not encumbered in his pursuit of the highest office in the land. It is my hope that a woman will also be in that office soon, although I must be forthright in my hopes that she would not share the same political views as our President Elect.

Before I leave the topic there is one admonishment that I would like to wager on the American public, the people who vote liberal directly. You hated, by your own words, when President Bush had both the House and the Senate in his same party. You complained about corruption and “the rubber stamp”. Well, guess what you did in this election. You gave the rubber stamp to Obama who isn’t even the leader of his party. Do you really think that Nancy Pelosi will listen to what “the kid” has to say? And she has and even lower approval rating the President Bush, who is worse than Hitler if we are to take you all at your word.

Obama wants to spend 700 billion dollars on new “Green” technologies. In case you weren’t aware the Government gets its money from taxes. So unless they are going to cut the Defense department completely then that means more taxes, which is what you want in a down economy. I am just saying you might want to start saving money.


1 Responses to “The New Rubber Stamp”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    We should invest in a more Green military. Bio-Degradable bullets, renewable mines, fuel efficient tanks and so on.

    It won't happen now that our economy took a downward turn after Obama's win. Thanks to Obama being elected, we are just now entering an Obama inspired recession, so the money just is not there.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Friendlies

RecommendTED

Looky Here

Previous posts

Archives

Business



Web Site Counter
Online Degree Clicky Web Analytics