Resenting Money


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I work 40 hours a week, every week and there is no chance of that ending any time soon. I do this because in order to live, eat, have shelter and do a myriad of other things, I need money. It is a necessity born of… I don’t even know because I wasn’t around.

If I had been around when people started to move towards money I would have freaked out.

“It’s a trap! Don’t do it! You will make us all Slaves!” I would have shouted in an impressively desperate voice. But I doubt it would have made a difference.

Do you know it costs more than a penny to make a penny? I don’t know if it’s true but it sounds like it could be and its nuts!

Slavery will never be dead because money has made slaves of us all. Think about it. You don’t enjoy what you do but you cannot do what you enjoy because there is no money in it. So you can either starve or do something you truly resent.

But the reach of this slavery even extends further. Think about Donald Trump. He has more money than he could spend in a lifetime, but is it enough? I guess if you asked him he would say it’s never enough in a triumphant voice.

That makes me entirely depressed. It’s never enough! Then why am I even trying? Oh yeah, that’s right. Because I have to try or my family goes hungry. I cannot just grow my own food because I would need land and that cost money. Then there are the seeds and tools to till and cultivate the land and plant my crop.

Then you have to think about cooking. What is your fuel source going to be and where are you going to get it from.

Now I am not saying I don’t like my job. It just isn’t what I love to do. I do what I do because I cannot make a living doing what I want to do yet. Maybe someday I will and hopefully I will be able to keep my eyes on the prize and find that level where I can finally tell money, “Enough!”


2 Responses to “Resenting Money”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Dude, you should totally ditch Money and start a relationship with Natural Flavoring.

    (http://unspar.blogspot.com/2008/09/ode-to-natural-flavoring.html)

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    This is why I am putting my money towards building a time machine to go back in time to kill the person who came up with money.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Friendlies

RecommendTED

Looky Here

Previous posts

Archives

Business



Web Site Counter
Online Degree Clicky Web Analytics