Movies for the next year


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



For those of you who know me... which is none of you really. I am very complex.

But for those of you who are imaginary and know me, know that it is all about the story for me. I love a good story and am basically waiting for the next big story to hit so I can get my fix.

Here is the upcoming movies this year that I am going to use, like a used needle from a junkie, to get my fix.

January 16th 2009 - Paul Blart: Mall Cop - Funny is a good thing. Kevin James delivers the funny.

January 23rd 2009 - Inkheart - the premise is interesting but hard to pull off without being incredibly cheesy. Kevin will undoubtably ridicule this movie but I like the somewhat cheesy movies. At least it is original... or as original as a writer can be when admittingly sampling every book ever.

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans - I saw the first two movies. This is a prequil. I am prepared for disapointment. I am certain they will deliver.

March 6th 2009 -Watchmen - this is the cannot miss movie of the year. The story is epic, the acting looks strong, the cinematography is breathtaking... dealing with the nerds at the movie who will be unable to control their squeals of delight out to make me angry.

March 27th 2009 - Monsters vs. Aliens - For great writing it seems that you have to include animation in your movies. I am really looking forward to this after a disapointment in Wall-E. Sorry, I wasn't looking for a feal good movie about robots.

April 3rd 2009 - Fast and Furious - I have no excuse. I might miss this one but I do really like cars.

April 24th 2009 - The Soloist - Ring up the Oscar nod for both the actors in this movie (robert downey Jr and Fox). This movie was made for awards but the story line looks good.

May 1st 2009 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - I may have never feared a single movie so much in a long time. I have to see it. The x-men were my favorite but after the last movie I am hesitant. Also the fact that the Wolverine was supposed to be this muscular monstrosity.

May 8th 2009 - Star Trek - A serously high teck look at the future, now... pause free... This one is on the fence.

May 22nd 2009 - Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian - also known as Jumangi 3 this movie could be a bust but it will be interesting to see if they can do it.

Terminator Salvation - Christian Bale is Batman... and don't you forget it. but this movie looks seriously intense. I am guessing another big hit for this big time actor.

May 29th 2009 - Up - Grumpy old men are funny. Add in something like one billion ballons and a fat boy scout and you have animation gold.

June 19th 2009 - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - The first movie was good but they make the classic movie mistake. They killed the bad guy right away. I hate that in movies. It will be interesting to see what they do next.

July 10th 2009 - 2012 - I like john cusack but I have heard bad things about the script.

July 17th 2009 - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - The story lines are basic but creative. I like creative but don't want to spend the time reading the books.

August 7th 2009 - G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra - I have seen the pictures for the movie and it looks like another "Doom". I wouldn't be suprised if this falls flat on its face. (On a side note I read that the script for Heman is amazing. Hard to believe but I can hope so.)

October 16th 2009 - Where the Wild Things Are - a Classic childrens book but hard to see where they would go with this for a movie. Poster looks like an oscar bid movie.

November 6th 2009 - A Christmas Carol - The muppets have done this, which makes me wonder why Jim Carey would want to take a stab at it considering the over the top has been done... but he is good.

The Wolfman - Don't really know on this one. Wonder if there will be a ridiculous basketball dunking sequence.

November 20th 2009 - Planet 51 - Funny Aliens with a lost Astronuat. Good times.

Sherlock Holmes - Robert Downey Jr has proven that he can pull off almost anything. The real question is can Guy Richie make a movie that doesn't feature guns, drugs, sex, and alcohol as a mainstay. I am hoping for a good movie.


0 Responses to “Movies for the next year”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Friendlies

RecommendTED

Looky Here

Previous posts

Archives

Business



Web Site Counter
Online Degree Clicky Web Analytics