My Take on: Money


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I want you to name something that you can do that doesn’t cost any money. Since you cannot tell me what you came up with I see if I can guess. Did you think sit in your house and read a book? Exactly how did you get the book? Also having a house costs a handsome sum without considering electricity. Perhaps you thought of a walk to the park. You aren’t going naked are you? Clothes cost money and the food you would need to eat to get yourself there isn’t free. You cannot hunt for free anymore and harvesting would mean you have to trespass on someone’s land.

My point is that we have become enslaved by money. You might not be feeling as free as you had been a moment ago. There is no part of your life that isn’t dictated by money. The homeless don’t ask if you have spare housing, clothing or food. They ask if you have spare change, or some money that you could give to them. Money is the web we wove then subsequently ensnared ourselves in. You are a slave to money.

It probably takes a person who was either poor once or relatively poor now to view money as a trap or slavery and likely I would fit most people’s definition of both. My wife and I live comfortably in our apartment, but we have debt and it dictates what we can and cannot do. Still, I think I began to view money in this fashion when I was younger.

There is a frustration with money when you feel it holding you back. I might not be able to see the other side of the argument having never lived on that side of the fence but when you look at those who have I don’t see any indication that they themselves are experiencing freedom either. They buy expensive things which cost more to maintain and thereby the cycle of slavery is perpetuated to every social class.

Money, however, is a purely self inflicted wound. We created our vast societies and standards so that money can effectively govern over all of us without any deviation. We have carefully crafted the web so that none may slip past, if I may be so bold as to continue the metaphor. This is what aggravates me to no end.

I wonder if we could look at humanity from moneys’ perspective if we would then be able to see it for the vial act that it is.

I long to be free of it yet I know that I cannot be. Perhaps, if the so called chance favors me, I can have enough that I can ignore it. Yet I think I shall always hate it, because it robs me of my freedom.


0 Responses to “My Take on: Money”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Friendlies

RecommendTED

Looky Here

Previous posts

Archives

Business



Web Site Counter
Online Degree Clicky Web Analytics