A Fully Accredited Usher


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This past weekend my previous roommate and Excel buddy, Leroy, got married. As part of this glorious day I was given the title and all the prestige and responsibility of Usher. Most likely Head Usher but clearly they didn’t want to hurt the other guy’s feelings.

To say that I was eloquent and precise would be to put too soft a point on it. God was glorified by my ushing. How, you might ask, did I come upon the skill set to perform such a rigorous activity with such dexterity and grace? Simple, I went to Dunwoody.

Ushering is one of the 26 surprising career options that are available at Dunwoody. After seeing one of their commercials I decided to jump-start my career. So I called Dunwoody and enrolled in their exciting Ushering program.

Now, I completed the painstaking 45-minute program in early February but one is not accredited without the 3 hours of Usher related duties. That is where this weekend came in. Pending a review by the Ushering Board of Greater Minnesota and a peer review by the individual who ushered with me I will have achieved my fully accredited status.

So I owe my pending success in the growing field of ushing to my friend Leroy who had the kindness of heart and presence of mind to name me lead usher for his wedding. Now I can make a living ushering at local benefits concerts and the Cineplex down the road from here. My life is greatly improved.


0 Responses to “A Fully Accredited Usher”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Friendlies

RecommendTED

Looky Here

Previous posts

Archives

Business



Web Site Counter
Online Degree Clicky Web Analytics