If You Could... Part 2


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Beads of sweat began to form on my forehead. This type of looking, searching took a great deal of focus and concentration. I momentarily shut him out. It had to be that way. He however wasn’t going to take his eyes off of me. He was absorbing every twinge, every droplet, every discernable change in order to figure out what was going on.

Sound faded and time again neglected its duty. I had stopped it this time, hopefully at the right moment. This was the perfect way to show him what I was talking about or I better stated what I was eluding too. It was hard to define it and it would be hard for him to understand it even when he saw the whole thing laid out. I could tell him easily enough but it just isn’t always that easy. I didn’t need him to hear it, I needed him to understand it.

I wiped away the sweat that had been pooling on my forehead. What's going on? His voice was forceful and worried. Nothing. We have stepped outside of time again. I stopped it at the right time I think so you will be able to see what it is that I am doing and what is going on.

What is going on? Persistance was clearly his way around the situation. He wanted answers and wasn't particullarly looking to wait for them. She's in trouble. That should be enough for you for right now. The next couple of seconds could dictate wither your sister dies in the next couple of years or not. Dang it. I didn't want to tell him who just yet but it slipped out.

His face went from serious to barely controlled rage. Where is she and what is happening to her? I had never felt the overwhelming power asserted in an interregation before but it was apparent to me in that moment why people would confess to anything to get away from it. She is in a bar down in the city. She went out with some friends and she is caught in a situation that she could have never seen coming. You saw it coming.

Tell me what is going on. Which bar? What is happening to her? Tell me! He tone wasn't friendly. I had never seen him reach this level of anger before but I hadn't seen him at war. I hadn't seen him kill men to protect himself and his friends. I had never seen him execute and order to kill. I guess in a lot of ways the guy before me wasn't the guy I had known for so many years. But I knew that he was at the same time or at least that guy is in there.

Cart's Pub. The words had bearly left my mouth when he had dashed down the hill. I slowly raised myself and dusted off my pants. I understood the importance of saving my energy currently. I would be needing all of it later.

When I reached the bottom of the hill he was pacing underneith a street light next to a group of frozen friends. What are you doing? Get a move on, son. There is work to be done. His patience wasn't improving. I understood the emotion and empathized with him but rashness wasn't going to help. Do you think running is going to change the time in which we arrive. Perhaps your perception but trust me we will arrive precisely when we left. It's easy to say but hard to understand.

Secondly... I started, unwilling to let him off the hook. We are going to need all of our energy when we get there. Complete mental and physical strength are required to directly impact the situation. His training kicked in. His eyes glassed over and he again became the emotionless soldier that was necessary to divorce himself from the feelings that situation stired in him. It was fine for now, but we would need those emotions later. They might be the only thing that could save her.


1 Responses to “If You Could... Part 2”

  1. Blogger Roger 

    Yeah...you kinda have me hanging...

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Friendlies

RecommendTED

Looky Here

Previous posts

Archives

Business



Web Site Counter
Online Degree Clicky Web Analytics