Buying a used car


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



With the impending winter, many of your are thinking about getting rid of that hunk of junk you refer to as you “ride.” Hear is a classic interchange between a used car salesman and a young man that took place right here in our town.

Used car salesman: Hey there buddy! What kind of car are you looking for?

Young man: Do I know you?

Used car salesman: Sure, didn’t you go to South.

Young man: South what?

Used car salesman: You know… South High.

Young man: No. I didn’t go to high school in this state.

Used car salesman: Oh, sorry. You look like a guy I knew, Jim. He was a great guy. I bet you are a great guy too!

Young man: Why are you so Happy?

Used car salesman: I get to help you today. That’s a great reason to smile!

Young man: Are you possessed by a demon? (Blank stare) Anyway I am looking for something that gets good gas mileage. Do you have any used Hondas?

Used car salesman: Yes! We have an excellence selection of Hondas and other fuel-efficient cars!

Young man: Are you on some kind of drug that makes you that excited. I mean can you bring it down a notch or two?

Used car salesman: No!

Young man: Is there anyone else in there that maybe a little bit more normal?

Used car salesman: I doubt it!

Young man: (frown) Alright so I am looking for a Honda that is 3 years old and the lowest mileage that I can find.

Used car salesman: We have this lovely 06 Honda Expedition!

Young man: There are so many things wrong with what you just said. Where do I start?

Used car salesman: !!!!!

Young man: That’s a Ford and it has horrible gas mileage.

Used car salesman: Maybe this car isn’t right for you! Here is a great 02 Honda 911 Turbo and its priced to move!

Young man: That’s a friggin’ Porsche. It costs 39,000 dollars. I don’t want to spend that much on a car.

Used car salesman: Can you really put a price tag on the combination of speed and fuel economy the Honda Porsche offers!?!

Young man: Apparently so. You guys put one on it. What else is there?

Used car salesman: Here is the lovely, affordable and smart Honda caravan!

Young man: Dodge… It’s a Dodge.

Used car salesman: And that what you will be doing when you get behind the wheel of this baby!

Young man: Did you graduate from a high school?

Used car salesman: Absolutely!

Young man: Doubtful.

Used car salesman: Okay, seriously though! This is the perfect car for you!

Young man: Holly crap! You actually are showing me a Honda.

Used car salesman: This 01 Honda Civic is the perfect combination of style and class!

Young man: Yeah it is. This thing has everything. The stereo is a CD player and has a port for my i-pod to hook up to. There is even a moon roof! Wow!

Used car salesman: The miles are incredibly low as well!

Young man: Only 15,000 miles. Is that right?

Used car salesman: It was a Honda pre-certified pre-owned vehicle.

Young man: Oh my word, this is perfect!

Used car salesman: It certainly speaks to your character!

Young man: Um… What?

Used car salesman: So should we sit down and discuss financing.

Young man: No I have my own financ… wait a minute. You guys have this priced at $16,000. That’s got to be an error. They are $18,000 new.

Used car salesman: I don’t set the prices but I can tell you we have a group of people who make sure that our prices are competitive.

Young man: Why aren’t you super excited anymore and who makes sure you are competitive?

Used car salesman: I am trying to be professional here.

Young man: Okay, well this car is extremely over priced. It is worth maybe $9,000, $10,000 tops.

Used car salesman: Whoa, I can’t just give a car like this away man. Do you have any idea how much trouble I would get into for that?

Young man: I am not going to pay $16,000 dollars for a car that cost $18,000 new.

Used car salesman: Okay hold on while I check with my boss. (Salesman runs inside and gets a drink of water from the water fountain and goes to the bathroom before rushing back out to see the young man.)

Used car salesman: I can offer it to you for twelve.

Young man: You didn’t talk to you boss. I saw you go into the bathroom and get a drink. I saw you!

Used car salesman: My boss was using the restroom. I went in there to ask him.

Young man: That seems a bit unlikely but I am not willing to go above 10,000 for this car.

Used car salesman: Seriously, are you trying to get me fired. I have a wife and six kids to take care of.

Young man: I find that hard to believe considering you are still wearing your high school ID badge on your pants.

Used car salesman: I went back to finish up.

Young man: I am finding it hard to believe anything that you say.

Used car salesman: Okay. If I drop it down to $10,000 I am going to have to void our warranty on the car.

Young man: Who cares about your warranty? Honda has a great warranty program.

Used car salesman: They sure do!

Young man: Oh here is Mr. Excited again. Okay I will take the car. I am probably paying a little too much but this is a great car.

Just after the young man leaves with his new Honda the car salesman is approached by one of his colleagues.

Colleague: I can’t believe you finally sold that pile. Did you tell him the factory warranty is void and the transmission is bad?

Used car salesman: Never came up.


0 Responses to “Buying a used car”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Friendlies

RecommendTED

Looky Here

Previous posts

Archives

Business



Web Site Counter
Online Degree Clicky Web Analytics