The 1991 Toyota Tercel of the Future


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Yesterday on my way home from somewhere, I forget, and I passed a Toyota Tercel wagon that sounded as if it were running on a flubber engine. You know, the engine from the movie flubber. What, you don’t watch Disney movies as a rule? That might be for the best.

Anyhow, we were stuck in traffic and I decided to strike up a conversation with the fella that was driving this marvelous car. He of course was Iranian and didn’t have even a remote grasp of the English language so my futile attempts to converse were thwarted. If the attempt had worked here would have been my list of statements.

“Hey, why are you sitting in traffic with a car that runs on flubber? The thing can just fly out of here?”

“You live only a couple of blocks from here? I would still fly.”

“You aren’t like a terrorist are you?”

“I don’t mean to use stereotypes but its something like 8 out of 10 men from the Middle East engage in terrorist activities.”

“Yeah it totally is unfortunate.”

“Hey, I thought we were talking about you car?”

“Can I borrow it?”

“No, I didn’t really think you would let me?”

“Okay, enjoy your spiced rum. I saw it on the seat next to you.”

“I was wondering why you would put such great technology in such a crappy car.”

“I guess it is a good place to hide it.”


0 Responses to “The 1991 Toyota Tercel of the Future”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Friendlies

RecommendTED

Looky Here

Previous posts

Archives

Business



Web Site Counter
Online Degree Clicky Web Analytics