Health Insurance


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Okay so I am getting a bit upset with my old health insurance. I went to visit a foot doctor while I was working at my last job (I had never visited a foot doctor before in my life) and the insurance is claiming that it was a preexisting condition. Naturally, they refused to pay for it. It was frustrating but after a while I just got used to the idea that they were not there to pay for any of my medical bills. Well, yesterday it got worse. I received a really old explanation of benefits where my previous insurance carrier stated that they would not pay for a blood draw that I had done because it was a preexisting condition. A BLOOD DRAW! I tried to remain calm but honestly what is the point in having an argument with these people. Clearly I had blood before my coverage with them started. It is just ridiculous. Having insurance coverage with Premier Health Insurance is a little bit more stupid than having no health insurance. If you have no health insurance you won’t have a heart attack because you got angry at your insurance company (heart attacks are preexisting conditions because your heart was bad before your coverage with them started).

So what course of action do I really have? I could spend thousands in legal fees to have a judge tell me that insurance companies are gods under the law. I could complain and moan and refuse to pay the bills thereby effectively ruining my credit and severing the tie between my doctor and myself. I could bash my previous insurance company on the Internet via the blogosphere. I could be a good little lackey and pay the bill pretending that clearly I was trying to pull a fast one on the insurance company and got caught. Or I could simply curl up into a ball and cry myself into the insane asylum, but that would clearly be a preexisting mental condition and I cannot afford to pay for that kind of treatment out-of-pocket.


0 Responses to “Health Insurance”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Friendlies

RecommendTED

Looky Here

Previous posts

Archives

Business



Web Site Counter
Online Degree Clicky Web Analytics