Facing the cold hard facts.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Okay so this is not easy for me to admit. I have avoided even discussing it for many years because of my fears of reprisal. I have buried it deep into the darken caverns of my soul in hopes that I would never see the day when people would know and, subsequently, point and laugh. I have hidden my tears to run from questions concerning it.

But Opera tells me that I have to talk about things such as this. To get them out so the healing and forgiveness can begin. That only with allowing everyone to see the darkness I harbor within my spirit will I be truly free.

You see it all started the day I was born… a normal kid. I didn’t have any aspirations or lofty goals and just wanted to lie around and sleep. Hey, everyone was doing it man. Don’t judge me.

It progressed into my adolescence where I made no clear decision on the matter and allowed my childhood to progress “naturally.” Baseball and related card collection gobbled up a majority of my time. Well, that and basketball and football and soccer and kickball and well, anything with a ball. Little did I know, I had been squandering an important opportunity.

In high school I continued in a pattern of lackadaisical wandering. Sure I played plenty of sports and lifted weights like any farm boy dolt, still holding fast to my “natural progression” philosophy. Yet the truth of the matter was staring me right in the face.

There you have it. I am not 6 feet tall. Don’t believe my drivers license, I lied about my height. I am actually only 5’ 11 3/4 “ tall. I am a fraud. I have been claiming to be 6 feet tall for nearly 8 years and it has all been a lie. I am so ashamed. Will you forgive me?


0 Responses to “Facing the cold hard facts.”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Friendlies

RecommendTED

Looky Here

Previous posts

Archives

Business



Web Site Counter
Online Degree Clicky Web Analytics