Under the Linoleum


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I had the linoleum in my bathroom removed yesterday with the intent of replacing it with new and much shinier linoleum. I had all the fixtures removed and the old linoleum lay bare before me.

So I hired my buddy to come in and remove the filthy piece of crap because I had no intention of getting my freshly manicured hands all dirty from the thing. So John Brenne hopes in there and pulls back the plastic flooring to reveal a blood diamond mine.

At first I was somewhat taken back at the revolting working conditions and mass murdering that was taken place, but then I took a moment to think about it. I was faced with one of two options. Either, destroy the mine and end the corruption once and for all or… I could take over control of the mine and increase the living conditions, wages and benefits of the mine employees. Or I suppose I could leave things the way they were and reap the benefits.

I ended nearly all the murdering right away (there is a degree of martial law that is necessary for a place like this to run). I built new housing for the employees and nearly quadrupled their pay while giving them running water, electricity and heat for free. I have implemented a profit sharing option into the benefit package to see if that makes a difference.

But after all that the miners still weren’t happy. That’s because I gave them a basic cable package and they watched Oprah and feel as though they are being cheated. I had no choice but to kill them all and replace them with an automated mining system that requires vary little human supervision. I have 11 foremen now who manage the plant.

Don’t judge me man. I tried to help the miners out but they got greedy and it cost them dearly. Now if you don’t mind I have to go pick up my new Bentley before I fly to Los Angeles for a movie premiere.


2 Responses to “Under the Linoleum”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    If you hadn't killed the miners, you could have gotten federal subsidies for your housing.

    Poor choice, my friend.

  2. Blogger Ted 

    Wow, Roger! Do you want to be my high council?

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Friendlies

RecommendTED

Looky Here

Previous posts

Archives

Business



Web Site Counter
Online Degree Clicky Web Analytics