It's just not that easy for me.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Well, first thing is first. There was very little participation on the Slogan Challenge. I am assuming that is because the logos were just to alienating for you to comment. So to the two brave souls who did, I will offer a dilly bar. Congrats to Leroy and Ryan for making the Dilly Bar hall of fame.

Now down to some real business. I am not a small man. Clearly, if you have ever seen me, I tend to make molehills out of mountains.

It’s just that I have really big shoulders and arms and my neck is huge and my legs are really wide. When I was a kid I decided that in order to impress women I would need to be a dominant force on a football field. I had no clue chicks like skater dudes. To aid my inevitable football dominance I needed to become incredibly strong. No one told me that such a decision would haunt me to this day.

I have to buy larger jean sizes and wear a belt because my legs don’t fit in jeans made for my waist size. Even the baggy jeans of larger sizes are still a bit tight. Also, shirts are impossible to by. If I get ones that don’t feel like they are choking me, it looks like I am wearing a tent with a spider man graphic on it.

Dress shirts are even worse. The company I work for was having an open house so I decide to get a couple of new dress shirts for the occasion. When I went to the store I, like any normal man, had no idea what size of shirt to by. There weren’t any Xs or Ls on any of them. So I had a short effeminate man measure my.

Before any measuring took place he guessed that I was going to be a 17 34/35 at least. Once he had the tape around my neck he exclaimed “Holy God!” I could only assume that he was impressed with his own guess. But alas my next is 18 ½ inches around. My sleeve length is a meager 36/37. He told me that I only a few companies made shirts in such a preposterous size. He looked around and found a small selection of shirts that either fit my arms or my neck, but none that fit both.

If I wanted a shirt that fit me I was going to have to go to a specialty store. I went to the Giants Warehouse and visited O&Gre’s Warehouse to find the shirts that would fit me. They only cost nearly double that of a regular humans shirt. Even more embarrassing was the fact that the person helping me at the “specialty store” was a very short slender lady who had no problem finding nice extremely tight clothing at her local marketplace.

I resigned myself to buying two shirts from the original store that fit my arms and not my neck. I never really liked ties anyway.


0 Responses to “It's just not that easy for me.”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Friendlies

RecommendTED

Looky Here

Previous posts

Archives

Business



Web Site Counter
Online Degree Clicky Web Analytics