An Ominous Phone Call


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



My cell phone rang yesterday and it was Leroy.

Me: Hey, what’s up Leroy?
Leroy: How did you know it was me.
Me: Caller ID.
Leroy: Heard of it but don’t trust that kind of voodoo witchcraft stuff.
Me: I am pretty sure it is just technology.
Leroy: I don’t have time to tell you why you are wrong. I don’t have any pants on.
Me: You called me to tell me you don’t have any pants on.
Leroy: Yeah. There is some point to it but I seem to have forgotten. Can I borrow a pair of yours?
Me: Um… I hate to have to ask this but are you wearing underwear?
Leroy: Well, they aren’t meant to be but I have some dishtowels wrapped around where I would normally have underwear.
Me: Dishtowels?
Leroy: Yeah, our dog ate all of my underwear and I haven’t been able to get to a store on account of them not letting me in without pants.
Me: Did the dog eat them too?
Leroy: No, the pants are fine.
Me: So, did you try to go into a store without pants on?
Leroy: Yeah, and let me tell you those people are not very understanding.
Me: Do tell. Are you calling me from jail?
Leroy: No. Should I be?
Me: Probably if you tried to go into a store without pants on.
Leroy: I left while they were on the phone with the police. I didn’t want to cause any problems. I just needed new underwear.
Me: Why didn’t you just put on some pants over your kitchentowels?
Leroy: Okay, so I didn’t want to get any dishtowels dirty so I used 6 bath towels.
Me: 6 dish towels!
Leroy: I don’t need to tell you how important full coverage is in this type of a situation. But with the 6 towels my pants didn’t fit. I thought yours might.
Ted: So you called me to tell me that I am much fatter than you are?
Leroy: Well I tried the doorbell but you didn’t answer.
Ted: I am at work. It’s 2 in the afternoon.
Leroy: So is that a no?
Ted: Just get inside the building and I will be home in a couple of minutes. What size underwear do you need?
Leroy: Why?
Ted: I am just going to buy you some and bring them too you.
Leroy: Well that’s a problem. I don’t know. I usually try them on.
Ted: I am just going to buy you a couple of different sizes and pretend I didn’t hear what you just said. On a related note can you tell me where you shop so I can never go there.
Leroy: It’s okay. I try them on over my pants.
Ted: Well, that is better… I guess.
Leroy: Hurry. It’s cold out here.


3 Responses to “An Ominous Phone Call”

  1. Blogger Roger 

    If it's cold out, he could probably ditch a towel or two...

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Couldn't Kevin sue you for using one of his routines? Or as you are both former roomies with Leroy, do you get equal sharing of the weird stories?

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hey, there's plenty of Leroy for everybody.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Friendlies

RecommendTED

Looky Here

Previous posts

Archives

Business



Web Site Counter
Online Degree Clicky Web Analytics