The Bosco Awards


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Its that famous time of the year when TWH hands out the most prestigious award available to the film industry.

The Nominations for Best Performance by an actor in a leading role are:
George Clooney in "Michael Clayton"
Daniel Day-Lewis in "There Will Be Blood"
Johnny Depp in "Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street"
Tommy Lee Jones in "In the Valley of Elah"
Viggo Mortensen in "Eastern Promises"

I haven’t even heard of half of these movies. Who was in charge of nominating these guys? We just steal our nominations for the Oscars? Okay, I’ll wing it.

Well since I haven’t heard of these movies I am going to pick Heath Ledger’s Role as the Joker in all of the Previews. So far he looks to have accomplished something once thought impossible. He revisited a character played by Jack Nicholson and, incredibly, did a better job at it.

The Nominations for Best Performance by an actor in a supporting role are:
Casey Affleck in "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford"
Javier Bardem in "No Country for Old Men"
Philip Seymour Hoffman in "Charlie Wilson's War"
Hal Holbrook in "Into the Wild"
Tom Wilkinson in "Michael Clayton"

Now normally I refer to this as the Leroy award. He is pretty much the funniest guy for situational comedy, perhaps ever. And that is a complement I mean quite seriously. He has great timing and the ability to eat anything. He ate a light bulb for crying out loud. But here is my dilemma. I haven’t watched the movie “Into the Wild” yet but to say the book smote me is to underscore it. So this year we will be splitting the Bosco between Hal Holbrook in “Into the Wild” and Leroy in either the “Sleep Commercial” or “The North American Geek”. I know I don’t have to say it but the head on the wall scene is one of the most amazing scenes of all time.

The Nominations for Best Performance by an actress in a leading role are:
Cate Blanchett in "Elizabeth: The Golden Age"
Julie Christie in "Away from Her"
Marion Cotillard in "La Vie en Rose"
Laura Linney in "The Savages"
Ellen Page in "Juno"

Juno is getting rave review and I have a couple of people who claim to have made love to the movie already, but I am not that easy. Rachel Cornish for Rock TV has been on a tear this year with stellar rolls in “The North American Geek”, America’s Next Top Pastor” and “The Hills Have Mimes”. Rock TV’s Christine always lights up the screen with her impeccable pronunciation. I am serious. Watch her mouth when she talks. It’s so rhythmic and cool. But my best of the year goes to Elizabeth Mitchell for her role in “The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause”. Without her participation this movie wouldn’t have been able to make it off the ground. She is the sole individual responsible for bringing this film to the American public, and for that she gets The Bosco.

The Nominations for Best Performance by an actress in a supporting role are:
Cate Blanchett in "I'm Not There" (The Weinstein Company)
Ruby Dee in "American Gangster" (Universal)
Saoirse Ronan in "Atonement" (Focus Features)
Amy Ryan in "Gone Baby Gone" (Miramax)
Tilda Swinton in "Michael Clayton" (Warner Bros.)

Christine from Rock TV. I don’t understand how or why she moves her lips so much when she talks but its kind of freaky and cool at the same time. Any time you can be freaky and cool simultaneously, you deserve a Bosco.

The Nominations for Best Best motion picture of the year are:
"Atonement”
"Juno"
"Michael Clayton"
"No Country for Old Men"
"There Will Be Blood"

I have been informed that unless I give a Bosco to “No Country for Old Men” my award will be considered uncredible. So here is the sacrifical Bosco given to a movie I haven’t seen, but I will make you split it with “Into the Wild”. I haven’t seen either but I am more excited for “Into the Wild”. I am certain that I will eventually see both.

The Nominations for Best Original screenplay are:
"Juno" (Fox Searchlight), Written by Diablo Cody
"Lars and the Real Girl" (MGM), Written by Nancy Oliver
"Michael Clayton" (Warner Bros.), Written by Tony Gilroy
"Ratatouille" (Walt Disney), Screenplay by Brad Bird; Story by Jan Pinkava, Jim Capobianco, Brad Bird
"The Savages" (Fox Searchlight), Written by Tamara Jenkins

The Bosco goes to the previews for the new Batman movie, That Dark Knight and the preview for Ironman. Both look stellar.


2 Responses to “The Bosco Awards”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Wow! Two Bosco nods, one Bosco win. Ima call this year a success!

  2. Blogger Ted 

    Congratulations on finally receiving the recognition you deserve.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Friendlies

RecommendTED

Looky Here

Previous posts

Archives

Business



Web Site Counter
Online Degree Clicky Web Analytics