2008 Movie Blitz


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Below are release dates for the movies coming out in 2008 and my thoughts concerning each. All in all it looks like its going to be a good year for movies.

January 18 (Friday)
Cloverfield - This movie takes intense to a level previously researved for pro-wrestlers. RECOMMEND going to see it. I enjoyed the movie. Its only an hour and a half though.

January 25 (Friday)
Rambo - You know that you have too. The previews look cheese and the catch phrase makes you sad inside, but its still a Rambo and if you don't go to the movie Sty will have to write another so he can afford to continue living.

FEBRUARY 2008
February 14 (Valentine's Day)
Jumper - Looks like an interesting premise but I have to say the whole hidden war thing is a completely beaten horse carcass.
The Spiderwick Chronicles - these types of movies remind me of growing up and playing out in the yard. Also, I enjoy the creativity it takes to come up with something this completely crazy.

MARCH 2008
March 7 (Friday)
10,000 B.C. - Story line is weak. Visuals are stunning. Expect this to be a Russel Crowe free Master and Commander movie. Also less ships and cannons, more saber-tooth tigers.

APRIL 2008
April 18 (Friday)
The Forbidden Kingdom- Jackie Chan and Jet Li in the same movie. Why is the main character a white dude? It took us this long to get these martial arts experts together and we get a movie about a white kid?

MAY 2008
May 16 (Friday)
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - Great books that have passed the tests of time make great movies when they are done by someone who respects the book. I am excited for this one.

May 22 (Thursday)
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - Harrison Ford hasn't done anything I have appreciated since... wow... has it been that long? Hopefully resurrecting a great character can resurect the things I liked about him. Did you know he is married to a skeleton?

JUNE 2008
June 13 (Friday)
The Incredible Hulk - This is a remake for the benefit of comic book fans. I enjoyed the first one despite everything but this one is shaping up to be better. The only big downer is the change of leading lady. Sorry but I am not on the Liv Tyler bandwagon.

JULY 2008
July 11 (Friday)
Hellboy II: The Golden Army - Like the first one. Not sure why it didn't take off.
Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D - The return of Brendan Fraser to the big screen. No clue what he has been doing since Mummy 2 and don't much care. Hopefully its a good flick.

July 18 (Friday)
The Dark Knight - This movie has the potential to be THE MOVIE OF THE YEAR for me. The recent death of star Heath Ledger is bound to drive the popularity way up. The previews make the movie look a little beyond amazing. Its too bad the Ledger won't be able to reprise the role because he absolutely looked fantastic as Joker.

AUGUST 2008
August 1 (Friday)
The Mummy 3 - Brendan Fraser comes back for another Mummy. Its kind of amazing that he has become so pigeoned holed as an actor that he can only score this type of role. Primarily the lead for the Mummy movies.

SEPTEMBER 2008
September 12 (Friday)
Punisher: War Zone - Its another punisher. I have heard that Thomas Jane won't be playing Frank Castle in the sequel. I think that is a mistake. He was pretty good in the first one.

NOVEMBER 2008
November 7 (Friday)
James Bond 22 - Same guy playing Bond and the last movie was one of my favorite Bond movies of all time.


1 Responses to “2008 Movie Blitz”

  1. Blogger Sarah 

    I agree that the death of Heath Ledger is going to very much drive up the popularity of Dark Knight. It will be the movie of the year though I expcet Narnia 2 and Bond 2will come close.

    I'm on the Liv Tyler bandwagon. Although I don't find many of her roles challenging, I did love her in Lord of the Rings and I think she is very beautiful and for me to say that about another chick is rare. I'm not a big "Hulk" fan though.

    No doubt I'll see Mummy 3 and Indiana Jones because I've seen all the prequels. Mummy 2 was rrather disappointing so I hope they can come up with something fresh and interesting for the new one. I do like both Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz.

    As for Harrison, I've been anticipating the return of Indie but wonder if Harrison Ford's still up to playing the role as he once did.

    Now if there could be a great romantic comedy somewhere in there it will be a fantastic year for movies.

    And just for fun I'll see just about any movie with Ben stiller, Owen Wilson, Reese Witherspoon, and most with Vince Vaughn--if he's acting with another comedian though. He doesn't do very good in solo roles.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Friendlies

RecommendTED

Looky Here

Previous posts

Archives

Business



Web Site Counter
Online Degree Clicky Web Analytics