Non-roommate conversation


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I was walking out of the bathroom just after taking a shower when my cell phone rings.

Me: Hey Kev. What’s up?
Kevin: Not a whole lot. Just sitting in traffic and thought you might be amusing to me.
Me: Well that sounds quite pleasant for you.
Kevin: Yeah. This isn’t working for me. Can you be more interesting?
Me: I am not sure. I just got done taking a shower.
Kevin: There is no amount of pounding my head on the steering wheel that will help me erase the mental image you just gave me. I am going to have to drive my car into the river.
Me: I think that would be a tremendously poor idea.
Kevin: Okay, I now regret having called you and will simply turn up my radio to drown out your voice.
Me: You could just hang up.
Kevin: Suppose you are right. Bye the bye I discovered the meaning of life at work today.
Me: You would think that would have been the reason you called me.
Kevin: Shut up.
Me: And needless hostility.
Kevin: That is how the Kev-man gets his kicks.
Me: Right, So what is it? What is the meaning to life?
Kevin: Cheese.
Me: Really? Cheese?
Kevin: Yep.
Me: Now I enjoy cheese as much as the next guy but I don’t think it’s the meaning to life.
Kevin: Yeah. I haven’t fleshed out the whole concept yet but I got a pretty solid base.
Me: And what is that.
Kevin: Cheese makes people happy.
Me: So does TV.
Kevin: Yeah but TV doesn’t provide for your consumption needs.
Me: So cheese is the meaning of life because it makes you happy and feeds you?
Kevin: It makes you so happy that just saying it makes people smile. What else does that?
Me: Butterflickle?
Kevin: You have the intellect of Limburger.
Me: That was in no way intentional irony.
Kevin: See, cheese is so versatile and it makes you happy and you can survive on it; body and soul.
Me: This is going on my blog so if you could cut out the existential stuff and get back to jokes that would be helpful.
Kevin: You cannot live forever on humor Ted. You need to be more like cheese. Take care of you body and be more malleable.
Me: This whole thing has lost its humor.
Kevin: Yeah. I am trying to drive your 3 readers to my site by making yours sound all “Dead Poet Society”.
Me: …
Kevin: Okay. I am pulling into the driveway at home. You have sufficiently amused me for today.
Me: Am I to be expecting these calls every day then?
Kevin: No. I think I will try Leroy. He is more interesting.
Me: Thanks.
Kevin: No problem. Remember, Cheese. Think about it.
Me: I hate you a little bit right now.


4 Responses to “Non-roommate conversation”

  1. Blogger Sarah 

    Scary that actually does sound like a legitimate conversation with Kevin.

  2. Blogger Roger 

    I was already a reader of Kevin's website before I found yours.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I have two words for you. Salsa con Queso. It's what would happen if Cheese made love to a pepper.....and then melted.

  4. Blogger Ted 

    Apparently Spanish words are only valued at 2/3rds to Leroy.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Friendlies

RecommendTED

Looky Here

Previous posts

Archives

Business



Web Site Counter
Online Degree Clicky Web Analytics