Cold


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It was so cold all weekend that my Internet froze. That is why it has been so long since my last post. Today’s high is only supposed to be 9 degrees but it is so much warmer than it has been all week that today is considered a warm front here in Minnesota.

This time of year most people ask why in the world I would choose to live in a place that gets so cold in the winter and so humid in the summer. I usually tell them it’s not the humidity but the football sized mosquitoes that get you.

It’s not fair to be asking me questions like that. I cannot give you a rational answer. I can tell you about how beautiful the state is and how much you can enjoy it for about 32 days of the year but it won’t sound compelling. The only reason that I can give you is that all my stuff is here and you know you are going to role your eyes at me.

So stop asking such hard questions. Yes, maybe I could get a job selling coconut-flavored drinks on the beach in Barbados. Live in a shack on stilts at the edge of the jungle and fend of venomous snakes and various tourist women. Or I could live in a place where you nose instantly freezes when you step outside your house. I have made my choice. I just cannot defend it. So stop it with the questions, all right?


4 Responses to “Cold”

  1. Blogger Roger 

    Or just the old "I was born here."

  2. Blogger Ted 

    I was born in Pittsburgh.

  3. Blogger Roger 

    You never really stood a chance, did you?

  4. Blogger Ted 

    Not even in the slightest.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Friendlies

RecommendTED

Looky Here

Previous posts

Archives

Business



Web Site Counter
Online Degree Clicky Web Analytics